We are pleased to announce the new Social Integration features in Insightly, designed to help you gather intelligence about your Customers when preparing for the next big sell. You can now import your connected contacts from LinkedIn, as well as link Twitter and LinkedIn profiles to your individual contacts. The Social Integration features are accessible under a new tab called “Social” in the Contact Details page.
The LinkedIn and Twitter features have to be enabled on a per user basis. This means that if you wish to utilize these features, you will need both a LinkedIn or Twitter account.
There are two ways to set up your Social Integration:
- through the new “Social” tab on the Contact Details page; or
- through the “User Settings” tab in your personal settings.
Setup from the Social TabTo setup the features from the Social tab, please follow these steps:
1) Open up any Contact and select the Social tab.
Setting up LinkedIn2) You will be presented with two setup links. To enable LinkedIn, click “Click here to setup your LinkedIn integration”.
3) You will be redirected to LinkedIn so you can authorize access to your account when you are logged on to Insightly. If you are not currently signed in to LinkedIn, you will be presented with a login window first.
4) Click “OK, I’ll Allow It” to accept the authorization, after which you will be redirected back to Insightly.
Setting up Twitter1) Click on the “Click here to setup your Twitter integration”. A box will appear asking you to authorize access to your account.
Adding and Removing Social Integration from your User SettingsTo setup LinkedIn and Twitter integration from your 'My Info' page, please follow these steps:
1) Navigate to 'My Info' > User Settings. The 'My Info' page is the small card icon in the top right corner of Insightly.
2) Go to the Social Network Settings section of the form. To setup LinkedIn or Twitter, click on the appropriate links as shown below
If your LinkedIn or Twitter integration is already setup, the links on the User Setting tab will allow you to remove the integration from Insightly, as shown below.